Babies and toddlers are a source of pleasure and happiness to a family, but they are very prone to accidents. They’re at a phase where they can walk around and explore, but they not really aware of risks around them. That is why it is the responsibility of their parents or guardians to be certain that the homes toddler and babies live in are safe and child-friendly. Here we’ll look into some of the frequent accident areas in the house and discuss how you can make them safer for your children.
The staircase is the first one you should inspect. The danger of being careless when using stairs requires no excuse. Even adults easily get injured when they move down and up the stairs recklessly. Along with the injuries from stair-related accidents are often severe. Here are some ways to create stairs safer.
· Including a slip-proof matting on individual measures
· Adding a soft rubber mat on the exact place where the stair ends on the floor to reduce harm
· Educating kids stair safety
· Putting a non-slip grip onto the stair handles
Electricity is important for our modern society, but they are not supposed to come into contact with human skin as they can cause myriad injuries. Most adults know better than to poke their bare hands within an electrical outlet, but not kids. One of the common causes of child accidents is electrocution. So if you have children, make sure your electric outlets are safe.
· Installing power outlet covers help a lot in keeping your child safe particularly if the socket is not being used.
· Renovating the house to transfer outlets higher beyond the reach of kids
The danger in the bathroom is slipping. Young and old people can fall prey to the lack of friction due to soapy wet tiles. But sometimes, there isn’t any way around it. Bathroom tiles will get wet and slippery. Here’s what you can do.
· Place anti-slip vinyl or rubber mats on the bathroom floor
· Change the tiles with anti-slip tiles through renovation
· Add a soft pillow on the corners of the sink and rubber cushion on the toilet seat to avoid injuries.
· make certain that the soap is secured in the tray so that it does not accidentally fall off and cause an accident.
The kitchen is the place where you cook your food, but it’s not the place for kids to be alone independently. Unfortunately, they do occasionally come to the kitchen and play with anything they can find there such as knives, forks, and other sharp items.
· make certain that the oven has child safety features so that they can not open it and come indoors.
· Secure knives in high places so kids can not reach it.
Cabinets, Shelves, Hays County Wildlife Removal, Corners of Tables and Posts
Kids love to explore because for them everything is new, an experience, but the shelves and cabinets aren’t places for them to attempt to climb. Make sure the cabinets and shelves are secured by the wall behind so they won’t fall down if a child does climb up on them. The corners of tables and chairs as well should have cushions in case a child hits his or her head.
By child-proofing your home, you can rest assured that your children can enjoy growing up without getting into accidents, which can place their lives in danger.