Each year thousands of mobile applications become developed and launched throughout the world. Whether they are designed for personal or business use, they truly fulfill the changing needs of the consumers remarkably. One such program is Snapchat that’s a messaging program for a mobile and meant for sharing texts, photographs, drawings and videos also.
Young people especially teenagers are only crazy about using this application and because ‘selfies’ have become a norm; Snapchat is the easier means to transfer them quickly. The intriguing aspect of Snapchat is the photo that gets transferred self-destructs within seconds after it has been received by another person.
Working of Snapchat and its Concerns
Snapchat is the best program for taking selfies either independently or a group of friends. It can also be used to get the photo as well. The option to alter the length of the video or a photo enables the user to send the desired content be within ten seconds. As soon as the other individual receives the photo or the ‘snap’, he needs to press and hold to see the video or the photograph. However, if there is a delay, Rodent removal Vero, then the snap can’t be viewed.
Despite being a exceptional app, Snapchat surely comes with some concerns. It has become popular amongst teens who are tempted enough to send all kinds of photos and videos to each other. They do it regardless of how the content cannot be saved or shared respectively. That’s why the photos cannot stay tagged up but they end up associated with the various individual on the Facebook eternally. Thus, there may be no limitation towards sharing of any several kinds of content at all.
For example, your friend may take a screenshot of your photo. Though he would need deft fingers and that you will be notified by the service when the screenshot was taken, yet it could be shared with others easily.
Privacy settings for Snapchat
The user has just got some options while using Snapchat. They can use a setting to allow only a few friends to send the snaps. He can select this option under the Settings where he can change the option of ‘Everyone to ‘My Friends’ respectively.
An individual may block another from sending him the images. For this, he must find the title on his friend’s list, then click and hold the name for another to bring up some of the icons. The ‘Gear’ icon has to be clicked that can block the other from sending the images.
How can parents monitor children that use Snapchat?
These days the teens have immersed themselves in the new kinds of social media websites. This means there can be many more concerns and sometimes, parents need to look at their children for what they’re doing at any moment. Given below are a few tips and details that parents ought to know will enable them to control their children since they use Snapchat respectively.
1. The images may vary either being taken at school, in the mall or even the toilet. Thus, apart from being a communication tool, Snapchat can be too misused as well. Therefore, a parent should discuss the appropriate way of using the app with their kid or kids to avoid any issues from happening in any way.
2. The teenagers believe that Snapchat is benign since photo texts and videos can disappear in just ten seconds. But this tool provides the chance to save the screenshots conveniently. This is where there could be a major concern for the parents because they just don’t have the control over their kid’s display at any moment. Moreover, children can create episodes of cyber bullying in the future also.
Moreover, the user also agrees to enable the application to get access to the address book that will then enable the uploading of the data to the servers. This means that the user has shared his private details with family and friends without their consent respectively.
4. After the picture or the snap is delivered to some other individual, you grant the non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, worldwide, and sub-licensable license to Snapchat. So, the program can modify, edit, reproduce, create, use and publish the works in association with the services that are used by the user. However, the access is subjected to the use of the privacy preferences of the various individual that allows him to confine or give access to another for viewing the content.
5. Nowadays a modified version of ‘Snapkidz’ is also available to use by the children which are under 13 years. Through this version, they can catch snaps, create captions and also draw on the snaps too. But the role of receiving and sending pictures isn’t supported with this program. The whole process of working with the application only takes place on the user’s device where the snaps get saved.
6. Verizon that’s a mobile cellular company offers valuable information to the parents about Snapchat. This is vital since Snapchat may also be used for ‘sexting’ that empowers users to send nude or sexually explicit content easily. So, teenagers find it humorous to circulate private photos since the screen capture capacity of Snapchat is handy indeed.
7. As a parent, one just needs to talk with his kid about the usage of social networking websites and even Snapchat. The teenagers, in this respect, should be made to realize what the abuse of Snapchat can result in later on in life.
8. The kids need to know that despite the necessary measures, anything that gets posted on social media can still become public in few seconds only. This means that any content that gets posted may make trouble for you.